1. Any part of the building is available for hire individually or in any combination, for any lawful purpose.
2. The premises are not offered as being suitable for any specific activity.
3. Separate rooms of the building may be booked for use by different Hirers concurrently.
4. Use of the Foyer, Kitchen and Toilets is included in all bookings, but will have to be shared if there are hirers of other rooms.
5. Use of utilities, kitchen equipment and supplies, tables and chairs, sound equipment, projector screen and staging is included at no extra charge.
1. Hirers must be aged 18 yrs or over.
2. Foxton Village Hall Management Committee (FVHMC) reserves the right to refuse or cancel a hiring without giving any reason. No hirer will be discriminated against on the grounds of gender, age, colour, race, nationality, racial or national origins, cultural heritage, disability, marital status, social background, sexual orientation or geographical location.
3. Normally no request for hire shall displace an existing booking except for special circumstances. FVHMC will offer an alternative room if possible.
4. Where a hiring is made by an organisation or group of people, one person must be named as the responsible Hirer.
5. All hire is subject to the conditions of hire and rules set by FVHMC; by making a booking the Hirer agrees to accept these.
6. A signature may be required on collection of the keys.
1. Hire charges will be as set by FVHMC. These are reviewed annually.
2. Hire is charged at a minimum of 4 hours hire plus an hourly rate for extra time. Set up and clearing away time must be included in the hours of hire.
3. Unless billing arrangements have been made, or payment on the day has been agreed, the hire charge must be paid at least two weeks before the event.
4. For most one-off events (exceptions at the discretion of the Bookings Secretary) 50% of the hire charge is payable within two weeks to secure the booking; the balance of the hire charge is to be paid at least two weeks before the event. A deposit against infringement of the conditions of hire or rules must also be paid at least two weeks before the event.
5. Where a deposit has been taken, a representative of FVHMC will determine if all or part of the deposit should be forfeit and if any extra charge is necessary. The Bookings Secretary will arrange for return of the deposit or inform the hirer of the reason for forfeiture within seven working days of the hiring.
1. Any monies already paid will normally be refunded in full for hirings cancelled by FVHMC. However FVHMC shall not be liable to make any further payment to the Hirer in respect of expenses, costs or losses incurred directly or indirectly by the Hirer in relation to a cancellation.
2. A Hirer canceling an event with less than four weeks notice may be charged up to 50% of the hire charge.
3. Billed Hirers will be liable for the full charge for any bookings cancelled retrospectively.